We Help Sunnyvale, California Residents in Need
- If you are a resident of Sunnyvale, CA and are experiencing a financial emergency, we are here to help.
- If you are finding that after you pay your rent and utility bills that you don’t have enough left over to buy food, we are here to help.
- If you have children going to school and cannot afford a backpack or basic school supplies, we are here to help.
Sunnyvale Community Services provides emergency assistance to families and individuals living in Sunnyvale, and for Veterans and their families in Santa Clara County who are facing hunger and financial distress. With the generous support of donations from a wide variety of funders, we offer many vital services to our clients, including:
- Case management and supportive services for veterans and their families, including assistance in obtaining housing and maintaining housing.
- One-time financial assistance help for Sunnyvale residents with rent and utility bills to prevent evictions and utility disconnections, and to help homeless families with move-in assistance.
- Food programs for residents of Sunnyvale living in zip codes 94085, 94086, 94087, 94088, and 94089.
- Weekly “Produce Mondays” and monthly food distribution for families and seniors, providing 4 - 5 days of nutritious food each month. Fresh produce is donated by Second Harvest Food Bank.
- Kids’ Summer Food Program , providing more food when school lunch programs are closed for the summer.
- Bread and pastries distribution on Tuesday and Wednesday from 10:00am - 11:30am. Fresh bread and pastries are generously delivered each morning by Panera Bread.
- Emergency food bags sponsored by Sunnyvale FISH.
- Backpacks filled with school supplies for school age children in August. (Family must be certified in our food program.)
- One-time Gas Vouchers and Bus Passes for verifiable job interviews or medical appointments.
- Community Christmas Center, giving low-income families the dignity of selecting a two-week supply of food, toys and gifts for infants through teens, and a gift for every household (towels, blankets, basic kitchen items).
- Information and referral services for families and seniors, including free AARP tax preparation and Senior Adult Legal Services (SALA) on site.
For more information about the services we provide and/or what documents are required, please call our main phone number at (408) 738-4321 and ask to speak to a caseworker.
SCS Contact Info
If you are in need of any of these services, we are here to help. Please call us or visit our office at:
Sunnyvale Community Services
725 Kifer Street
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Hours: Monday - Friday
9:00am - 11:30am
1:00pm - 4:00pm
Download these flyers to find out more about the SSVF Program.