SCS Wish List
High school students sort cans of food for SCS.
Sunnyvale Elks packing and distributing fruits and vegetables on “Produce Monday.” Left to right: Carol Barnhart, Pat Sargent, Sarg Sargent, Carmela Castagnola, and Alan Aana.
Cold Weather Shelter Donations for Homeless Needed Now!
Warm coats of all sizes are needed for men, women and children. Must be clean and in good condition.
We also need blankets, gloves, socks, and other items for the homeless. For more information, visit our Donations page.
Donation hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM // M - F
Location: Sunnyvale Community Services
725 Kifer Road (between Wolfe and Fair Oaks)
Sunnyvale, CA 94086 map it ›
Food needed for Pantry Program
SCS accepts almost any kind of commercially packaged, unexpired food to distribute to our low income and homeless clients during grocery food distributions. Please donate food in standard size containers (no industrial sized cans or bags), in plastic or metal containers. We appreciate low sugar content, whole grain healthy foods where possible.
Perishable foods accepted Mondays and Tuesdays only.
Non-perishable foods accepted Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm at 725 Kifer Road in Sunnvyale.
Food items we need most:
- Soups (low sodium)
- Cereals (low sugar - Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, Oatmeal)
- Canola or Olive oil
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Macaroni and cheese
- Coffee and Tea
- Seasonings and honey
- Detergent and cleaning supplies
- Pop top canned food items (soups, vegetables and fruit)
- Nutritious single serving dried fruit and snacks
- New men’s and women’s underwear
- Nail care and food care items
- Lip balm
- Combs and Brushes
Download our Homeless Supply flyer for a complete list of items that can be donated to assist the homeless.
Collect unopened hotel size soaps, lotions, shampoos, toothbrushes and toothpaste, and combs. Most of us think of these items as necessitities, but for low-income families and seniors, they are luxuries.
Misc Items (new items only please)
- Men’s ankle length crew socks
- personal grooming items - soap, toothbrush, hair products
- Hand soap
Volunteers from AMD sorted the toys they collected and stocked the shelves.
Volunteer Brownies from St. Simon’s school donated toys and food to our Christmas Center.
For our Auction that Benefits the Community Christmas Center
- vacation homes/condos for a week or weekend
- electronic items (DVD, TV, pocket PCs, GPS systems, games)
- sports memorabilia
- sport event tickets
- gourmet items, dinners
- one of a kind items such as a flight in a small plane
- hobby to share (trip on a boat, rock climbing lesson)
- gift certificates for services and meals
- anything someone might buy
How You Can Help
Download our flyers for creative ideas for your group.
Sunnyvale Community Services will not sell, trade or share a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. In our twice-annual newsletter, we list names only of donors giving $1,000 or more annually, and we honor all donor requests for donations to be anonymous.