Founded in 1970, Sunnyvale Community Services is an independent, nonprofit emergency assistance agency. Our mission is to prevent homelessness and hunger for low-income families and seniors facing temporary crises. We provide financial aid, food, and other support that prevents larger problems with more expensive solutions.
- Financial help to prevent evictions and utility disconnections, to pay medical and other critical bills
- Financial aid to help working homeless families regain permanent housing when they have sufficient income to pay monthly bills but not enough for all the required deposits
- Monthly food programs for families and seniors
- Kids’ Summer Food program, providing more food to low-income families whose children rely on free school breakfasts and lunches during the school year
- Emergency food bags (sponsored by Sunnyvale FISH)
- Community Christmas Center affording low-income families the dignity of selecting a two-week supply of food, toys and gifts for infants through teens, and a gift for every household (towels, blankets, basic kitchen items)
- Clothes Closet (run by Sunnyvale FISH)